Miami is a city of Miami in Southeastern Florida, and it is located in Miami-Dade county. This coastal metropolis has a population of 450,000 as of 2022. Miami is the 44th most populous city in the United States, 11th most populous city in the Southeast, and 2nd most populous city in Florida. Miami is well known for its non-stop nightlife, pristine beaches, and excellent warm weather. This city has luxurious shopping malls, a mind-blowing skyline, high-end hotels, and Art Deco architecture.
The cost of living in Miami takes second place after the cost of living in the US, and it is the second least affordable place. In 2022, it will be more expensive than Los Angeles and a little cheaper than New York City. The cost of living in Miami is 38.5% less than living in New York.
Table of Contents
The building Cost Of A House in Miami
$120 to $235 per square foot can be the cost of building a new house in Miami, Florida. The price depends on the grade of construction chosen by the house owner, and it doesn’t include the land cost or the site work cost.
We will provide you with an estimated cost based on a specific project.
We collect data from local home builders and local people before providing any information.
Based on the grade of construction, the cost of home building
- Based on the standard grade construction, the home building cost is approximately $110 to $155 per square foot.
- Based on the premium grade construction, the home building cost is roughly $150 to $195.
- Based on the luxury grade construction, the home building cost is approximately $190 to $235 per square foot.
It is 5% below the average cost to construct a new house in Miami compared to Florida’s other areas. See: Cost To Build A House in Jacksonville Florida, Cost To Build A House In Tampa Florida, Cost To Build a House In Pensacola Florida.
You have to spend around $240,000 to $350,500 to build a single-family home of 2,300 square feet with three bedrooms. Building a two-bedroom single-level ranch home with 2,000 square feet will cost you around $120,500 approximately with modular construction. A house of 3,500 square feet with four bedrooms and two stories will cost you about $525,200 to build in which high-quality materials are used.
The building cost of a modular house – is $60 to $100 per square foot
The building cost of a Stick building – is $100 to $140 per square foot
|Size||Average cost of building a modular house||Average cost of building a stick-built house|
|800 square feet||$47,900 to $80,090||$88,000 to $108,200|
|1,000 square feet house||$60,010 to $99,900||$100,000 to $136,000|
|1,500 square feet||$90,000 to $150,500||$164,000 to $202,800|
|2,000 square feet house||$120,150 to $200,100||$220,000 to $269,900|
|3,500 square feet house||$210,000 to $350,090||$384,950 to $472,850|
|5,000 square feet house||$299,950 to $500,000||$549,980 to $675,320|
What are the costs you may face during the building process in Miami?
- Permit fees
- Architectural fees
- Permit from municipality
- Construction survey cost
- Specialty trade permit fees
- Tree protection and mitigation plans and associated fees
- Inspection and utility hook up fees
- You have to do your due diligence during the inspection period.
A cost summary of building a house in Miami
The building cost mainly depends on the design, size of the house, availability of labor, land cost, and the cost of materials.
Cost of materials
- Plumbing cost – $7,100 to $15,000 approximately
- HVAC cost – $1,550 to $13,000 approximately
- Solar panel cost – $18,110 to $35,220 approximately
- Electrical wiring cost – $20,090 to $30,100 approximately
Some cost factors of building a new house
The total cost is associated with many cost factors. Some cost breakdown –
- Design and planning cost – $2,120 to $8,100
- Land cost – $2,990 to $150,100
- Land preparing cost – $1,500 to $5,100
- Building permit – $1,230 to $2,100
- Labor cost – $79,890 to $180,000
- Material cost – $80,000 to $150,000
- Framing cost – $20,000 to $50,000
- Foundation cost – $3,990 to $25,000
- Utility cost – $30,000 to $75,000
- Exterior finishing cost – $40,000 to $60,000
- Interior finishing cost – $50,000 to $175,000
Design and planning Cost To Bulid A House In Miami
You need to hire architects and engineers to make your house plan before the construction process starts. $125 to $250 per hour can be the charge of the engineer, and $100 to $200 per hour can be the charge of the architect. You have to pay approximately $50 to $210 per hour to the house designer. The cost depends upon the experience and number of hired professionals.
Land cost For A House In Miami
Depending on utility availability and location, the land cost varies. If you choose a developed area to build your house, it will cost you more than $100,000 for land cost. On the other hand, if you choose a rural village lot, it costs very little.
Land preparing cost
To ensure the land is ready for the building process, you have to survey the land and test the soil. You have to spend approximately $800 to $2,110 for the soil test.
Permit fees To Build A House In Miami
It is necessary to get the government building permission before starting construction. The cost may vary according to the requirements of the government and from area to area. You have to spend around $5,110 for a permit from the local government. You can hand in the construction process after paying the building permit fees.
Labor cost is a significant factor in any construction process. You have to pay 30% to 40% of the total expenses for the labor cost, and the cost may be higher for bigger houses and complex models.
You need to hire architects, engineers, and surveyors to build a new home. Miami has a diverse economy, and sometimes labor cost is included in the construction cost.
- Architect fees – $65 to $140 per hour
- Land surveyor fees – $200 to $910
- Engineer fees – $120 to $156 per hour
Material cost is another major factor when building a new house. Material cost covers 30% to 50% of the total cost. It depends on your choice. The quality of the material plays an essential role in the significant price difference. Although you have to spend extra money on the quality of the material, don’t compromise it.
The backbone of any building is its foundation. You may need to spend around $115 to $3,000 per square foot to build the basement. The foundation cost includes backfilling and pouring, and it may cost you up to $25,120 approximately.
The framing process of a house includes doors, walls, roofs, and windows. It may cost you around $20,000 to $50,100 approximately. According to the National Association of House Buildings, exterior finishing and framing may cost you 33% of the whole expenditure.
You may have to pay around $30,000 to $75,000 to install all the utility connections in your new-built house. It includes solar panel cost, electronic wiring cost, plumbing cost, HVAC cost, etc. You should pay the bill after all the electronic wiring work is done.
Interior finishing cost
The essential cost sector for building a house is interior finishing. You can give your design ideas and customize your home in this sector. Interior finishing cost covers almost 30% of your total building cost, and it adds comfort and a nice look to your house.
The interior finishing cost includes –
- House appliances cost – $3,000 to $15,000 approximately
- Flooring installation cost – $1,000 to $10,000 approximately
- Countertop cost – $2,000 to $4,000 approximately
- New cabinet cost – $2,000 to $30,000 approximately
- Interior painting cost – $4,000 to $11,000 approximately
Without furnishing a house, creating it is incomplete. You can not overlook or ignore this sector of the building process. Depending on your furniture availability and selecting style, the cost of furniture varies, and it may cost anywhere from $20,110 to $80,000 approximately. It includes comfortable tables, couches, beds, etc.
How to reduce the total building cost
Although you have sufficient money to build a house, you should always try to save as much as possible. Some tips –
- Build a house as per your need. Building a big home takes more material and time. If you don’t need a prominent place, put aside the plan.
- Research the brand and features before purchasing appliances (refrigerator, fridge, etc.).
- It would help if you did not make any changes after the construction process.
In the above article, we provided you with an expected expenditure list to provide a rough estimation. But it is not the accurate one. The cost may vary from location to location, and it can decrease in one sector and increase in another. You have to prepare yourself financially and mentally for unforeseen expenses. The people in Miami are amicable. The city provides the best real estate market, good education, and many job opportunities. To build a house in Miami is a good decision.