How Much Do Braces Cost On Average
If you are currently wondering whether you should wear dental braces or not, maybe you should know more about the type of braces and how much do braces cost. Braces are used to align the teeth straight, make a good shape of teeth and jaws, also improve the health of dental. It can be used to correct various teeth and jaw flaws, such as crooked teeth, underbites, and several other issues. The teeth will be moved by braces because they receive the pressure from the braces in order to align the teeth. The pressure will constantly give the force and move the teeth slowly until the brace wearers get the proper result of what they want. The force and pressure from the braces come from the arch wire or the springs, or rubber. Usually braces are used by children and teenagers to shape up their teeth in early and proper age.
Types of Dental Braces
There are several types of braces, they are traditional braces, clear braces, gold-plated braces, lingual braces, and titanium braces.
- Traditional metal braces are the most common type. They made from stainless steel with elastic rubber band that hold the wire to the metal brackets. Traditional metal braces can be combined with titanium.
- Clear braces have the material that share similar color with teeth. They are either made from ceramic or plastic materials, and blend well with the color of the teeth.
- Gold-plated stainless steel braces can be alternative for people who do not like the traditional silver colored braces. They usually made for wearer who are allergic to nickel.
- Lingual braces are the alternative braces for wearer who want the braces to be invisible. They are mounted on the back of teeth.
- Titanium braces are one of the alternatives for people who are allergic to nickel. They are strong but lighter and slightly more expensive than the traditional stainless steel braces.
Dental Braces Price
After knowing several types of braces, you should know about how much do braces cost. Actually, the price of braces depends on several factor, such as the area where you live, the materials, and the treatment from the experts. The condition of your teeth and jaws also can be a factor that can affect the price of the braces. If you have condition that should be fixed with braces, the price can be more expensive because it requires the dental treatment from the orthodontist. The price of the braces are often more expensive in larger cities, so it also depends on the area where you live.
Usually, the price of traditional metal braces is around $3000 to $7000, the price of ceramic braces is around $4000 to $8000, and lingual braces is between $8000 to $10000. If it is based on the treatment steps, the first phase of the treatment will cost around $2000 to $4000, while the second phase of the treatment usually cost around $2000 to $7000.
Does Insurance Cover Braces Cost
The treatment can be paid through the dental insurance, depends on how much do braces cost. There are also many options of braces and treatment to fit your budget and lifestyles, so you won’t feel like get robbed for having your teeth and jaws fixed.